| Job Description: Community Fundraising Coordinator (School Programs)
Location: 1037 Topsail Road, Mount Pearl
Hours: Full-time, flexible hours, some evenings/weekends
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador
The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
Background – Fundraising within HSF
Our commitment to making significant contributions to life-saving research, education and advocacy is combined with a firm belief in the value of our donors and their importance in our mission. We aim to maximize financial support for research and education programs through comprehensive and focused donor relations and take pride in providing fun and interactive events and programs that bring supporters together in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
The position of Community Fundraising Coordinator is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to gain experience in a friendly and flexible, but challenging work environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Community Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for the planning, administration, effective delivery and evaluation of the Jump Rope for Heart (JUMP) program while supporting other Community Fundraising programs. They will work closely with other fundraising staff and report to the Director, Fund Development. Key activities include:
• Meet approved annual fundraising goals for various programs
• Work with Director, Fund Development and Communications to develop fundraising strategy and implementation plans
• Donor and Volunteer Relations
• Develop and maintain donor relationships through various programs and events
• Support volunteer management and development
• Understand and appreciate thoroughly the work and mission of the HSF and act as a voice for its values and commitment
• Program Coordination
• Manage the Jump Rope for Heart school program
• Coordinate and implement school recruitment activities
• Work with volunteers to coordinate, support and attend events, as needed
• Manage and maintain program databases and event records
• Liaise with suppliers to acquire materials, prizes, etc. for all events
• Partner with government and community stakeholders to promote healthy living initiatives in school environments
• Work with Health Promotion department to ensure an integrated approach to delivery of programs to children and youth
• Provide support to Community Fundraising programs as determined by the Director, Fund Development
• Some travel required
• Education or relevant experience in fundraising
• Education or relevant experience in school programs, event management, communications, and/or volunteer management would be an asset
• Effective communicator, both written and verbal
• Enthusiasm and commitment to the mission of the HSF and its fight against heart disease and stroke and/or the improvement of health in general
• Leadership skills and the ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Computer literacy (strong skills in Word, Excel, and databases)
Please apply by email to email@example.com.
Closing date: August 19, 2014
The Heart and Stroke Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.